Are you interested in becoming a volunteer with our Service Unit?
Becoming a volunteer takes a little bit of work on your part, but your efforts will be rewarded tenfold* as you help bring joy, confidence, and leadership skills to girls. You have more time than you think!
To become a brand new volunteer, you need to:
Register as an adult Girl Scout online.
- Click the “I want to volunteer” link and fill out information about yourself and how you want to volunteer, as well as information necessary to approve you for the position you’re seeking.
- Finish up your registration by doing the online training modules.
- Contact the service unit manager Jenni Howe to make sure that everything worked! Our service unit operates separately from council, and the two don’t always communicate efficiently, so it’s faster for us to look out for you!
* It would be impossible to quantify the rewards of volunteering, so we’re just guesstimating.
Already a volunteer in GSCWM?
Awesome. Please contact our Service Unit Manager Jenni Howe with more information about how you can contribute to Holden Girl Scouts!
Who can volunteer?
Anyone 18 or older who passes a CORI check in Massachusetts can volunteer with a Girl Scout troop! You don’t even have to want to lead a troop (though we’d love it if you did!).
Anyone? Surely we don’t mean Uncle Bob and Great-Aunt Shirley! Shirley we do! Girl Scouts accepts everyone who wants to help girls reach their full potential. Right now we have everyone from moms to dads to grandparents to adult Girl Scouts with no kids or kids who’ve aged or dropped out of Girl Scouts who just want to be involved. Don’t let age or gender stop you from putting a smile on a girl’s face!
There are some limitations for related individuals volunteering with the same group of girls at the same time, but that will be covered in your training.
What kinds of volunteers are we looking for?
We’re looking for anyone and everyone who’s willing to help out.
We are always in need of troop leaders, but if that sounds like too much commitment or work, you can volunteer in a troop as a cookie or fall product manager.
We currently have a great need for:
- Leaders, Co-Leaders, and Assistant Leaders for the following age groups:
- Kindergarten Daisies;
- 1st Grade Daisies;
- 2nd Grade Brownies;
- 3rd Grade Brownies;
- And some positions in Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops;
- Event coordinators for a variety of town events;
- Town Co-Treasurer.
Do you own a business and want to share your knowledge? Know a lot about a craft or activity or… anything? Do you work in STEM or STEAM? We are always looking for volunteers who can help troops out with badges, activities, and learning new skills. Let us know about yours when you become a volunteer! We can match your skill set and time commitment to a variety of our needs.
Updated June 27, 2017.